That bright blue thing on Ethan's lap? Bryan's leg. He was holding both his boys. So cute, but not as cute as him giving all three kids a horsey ride at the same time - which I DIDN'T get a picture of. Next time folks.
Friday, February 25, 2011
B-A-B-Y spells FUN!
Babies are great. This house has been pretty baby crazy the last few months. (Originally that said that last few weeks, but it took me longer to get back to finishing my post than I thought... life goes on even when I forget to blog about it - who knew.) It has just been so fun to finally have Nathan here and get to see him and hold him and talk with him. Kendall and Bryan are both so sweet with him and love him to bits. And they are both finding out all sorts of things about babies that they didn't know. So is Moosey. Moosey is so far the only one (knock on wood) to be peed on by Nathan. (This has also changed, but only to include me and the floor. And the bed. And me.) I was changing him on our bed and she was lying there, minding her own business. My amazingly talented infant shot his pee right over the top of his own head, missing all of the bedding and only hitting poor MooseGoose. Even as I write this I am chuckling thinking about how ticked off she was. Hahaha, way to go Nathan. I hope I'm not next. (I probably shouldn't have laughed at Moose as I have since been peed on more than her. But to be fair, I laughed when that happened as well!) Kendall and Bryan are finding out first hand how very little newborn babies do and how much you just love to sit and stare and watch them do it anyway. Since the moment he was born they have been very doting siblings. Other than the one time in the hospital right after he was born. BryBry came in the room begging to hold Nathan, so I told him to hop up on the hospital bed with me. Bryan hopped up on that bed fast as can be, and Nathan filled his diaper with the loudest little baby poo ever, after which Bryan hopped right off that bed just as fast. Maybe faster. Apparently holding his sweet brother could wait just long enough for him to have a diaper change. And Kendall has been very motherly and interested in everything having to do with Nate. While Ethan's parents were in town we were over having breakfast with them in the hotel and Kendall tells us all, "I know what they call them pacifiers.... 'cause babies just pass out." What a perceptive little gal she is. I thought that they were very excited about having him here, but that eventually it would start to wear off and that wouldn't be quite as interested all the time. But he is four months old now and it hasn't happened yet. They are the best helpers of all time, and I love to see how much they already love our newest family member. I really enjoy watching them watching him. Families really are the greatest gift.




That bright blue thing on Ethan's lap? Bryan's leg. He was holding both his boys. So cute, but not as cute as him giving all three kids a horsey ride at the same time - which I DIDN'T get a picture of. Next time folks.
That bright blue thing on Ethan's lap? Bryan's leg. He was holding both his boys. So cute, but not as cute as him giving all three kids a horsey ride at the same time - which I DIDN'T get a picture of. Next time folks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment