Thursday, February 3, 2011

Winter Fun

We had some snow the day after Christmas. It is hilarious because the whole town of Sanford shuts down and the news shows clips about how to drive with an inch of snow on the ground. Ethan said that people were slowed down to 30 with their hazards on while driving down the interstate, even though the roads were clear. That makes me smile. Kendall made us laugh because we heard her outside playing with her friends and saying, "Hey guys, my mom and dad know how to drive in the snow - we're from Nebraska!" I wish I had a picture of them jumping on the trampoline they got for Christmas with all of the snow on it. Bryan did his first ever trampoline flip in his snow suit, winter coat, and snow boots!
We didn't have very good snow for making a snow man, so we made a snow lump. My sister made those pieces for the snow man's face out of wood and we just had to pop them in. Isn't that such a great idea? I really liked our snow lump. A couple of days later we all jumped on his head, cause that's how we roll. He'll be back again someday.



I didn't mind the snow at all this year. Maybe that is because I only had to go out it in to play, Ethan was home so I didn't have to shovel the driveway, and it wasn't accompanied by freezing winds and sub zero temperatures. I really like it here in North Carolina. Smile.

No comments: