Thursday, February 3, 2011

Because I Know You Are Wondering...

The last few days I have spent a good portion of my time on the phone, texting, and emailing the answers to a bunch of baby questions. And I don't mind at all, we love that you are as excited as we are to welcome Baby Boy Swilor into the world. But for those of you whose messages I have not returned, or those of you who haven't heard and may be wondering...

Yes, I am still pregnant.
No, we did not have our baby. (Seems like the same question, but apparently both need to be asked and answered!)
Yes, we are excited for him to come.
No, we still do not know what his name will be.
Yes, the kids are very excited to meet him.

I have been feeling really great for about the last month. A big thank you to those of you that have fasted and prayed that I would stop throwing up. Miraculously I have, and I haven't even had to take any Zofran for quite a while! Which means I put on enough weight to keep the doctors happy and hopefully have a healthy little boy. I am amazed that I have been feeling so great, so it doesn't even bother me that we just keep checking days off the calendar. Both Kendall and Bryan were born by now, but there are a lot of reasons we were hoping this little guy wouldn't come too early. Ethan has been in training since... well, we moved here. He finishes up an evaluation today and we were hoping he would be able to do that before the baby comes so that he wouldn't have to worry about it while he takes some time off to be with the family. Also, Kendall was born exactly three weeks early and Bryan was born exactly two weeks early, so the retarded part of me thinks it will be great if this baby is exactly one week early. That is tomorrow. I am really hoping to have the baby tomorrow. Another cool fact if the baby comes tomorrow? He will be born on the fourth, which makes the days of our children's birthdays the 24th, 14th and 4th, respectively. That's pretty cool. So now that Ethan is finally on his last flight and the one week early/4th is tomorrow I am off to take some fish oil and walk around the block. And if you get a call from us in the next week or so, don't screen it, answer it so you can hear all about our adorable new boy who will hopefully have a name! If you don't hear from us and want to call and ask the above questions again, that's okay too. We are lucky to have such awesome friends.

4 comments:

Tyson and Angela said...

I was just thinking about you and thought I would check your blog to see if you had your baby yet and....nope! But really, that would be SUPER AWESOME if he came tomorrow for all the reasons you mentioned! I am so glad that you started feeling better (now that the pregnancy if basically over). You weren't kidding when you told me once that you were sick all 9 months. I can't wait to see pics of your new boy! I hope all goes well with you and you recover quickly (when the time comes). Love ya girl!

Pedersen Posse said...

What fun stats! Good luck!

Coles Fam said...

Janice, you are too cute and so patient from questions! :) I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were feeling. I'm glad you are feeling well. And I totally get why you would want your baby born a week early on the fourth. Kind of like I was determined to have Cora in April (which didn't work for me). Anyway, I'm thinking about you guys and can't wait for your little one to be here.

Jana said...

You are so funny! I'm totally into numbers too. I'm glad my little one came on her own, because I was having a hard time trying to decide what date would be the coolest (1.22.11 vs. 2.2.11 etc.).