Friday, February 25, 2011

Our Gift From God

Welcome to the World Nathan James!


Nathan: Gift of God; Gift from God; Gift; Given; Open Minded; Sociable; Vivacious; Rewarded

On February 4, 2011 our sweet baby boy joined this family. I should have known he would be a good baby, coming on the day I wanted him to and everything. It was a perfect delivery, and I had the most amazing midwife. She did an excellent job of keeping the mood calm and happy, and when it was time to push she was there helping Ethan bring sweet baby Nathan into this life. I remember lying in the hospital bed thinking random crazy thoughts like, "I am pushing, what are these nurses talking about - I don't think it is possible to push harder, can other women push harder and there is something wrong with me?" and I look down and see this excited look on Ethan's face, and he tells me that our baby is right there! He can see him! Just a little more! Right there in that very moment I knew I COULD push harder. Then Ethan was holding this beautiful baby boy and placing him on my chest, and he was so perfect and little and had these long fingers grabbing my thumb... there are no words that can describe the feelings swirling around inside me in that short snap shot of time. The only way I can describe it was Heavenly. It was a wonderful, special, Heavenly adventure that I feel blessed to have even been a part of.

He was born at 8:05 pm on Friday, February 4th. He was 8 lbs 1 oz and 20 inches long, looking just like his big sister and big brother when they were babies. All three babies had the greatest button nose, big chubby cheeks, and a cute pointy chin.


While I was still pregnant our baby would stretch out inside of me and two big lumps would poke out, one on either side of my belly. I thought that one was his head and one was his feet, and Ethan would rub on the one we thought was his head and ask him, "Do you like the head rubs?! Do you like the head rubs?!" Even if Nathan wasn't stretched out and Ethan would rub on that part of my belly and chant his silly chant Nathan's head would immediately poke out and we would all laugh and talk with the baby. As it turns out I know very little about how babies hang out in the womb, and what I thought was his head was his cute little bum. Once we found out Ethan changed his chant to, "Do you like the bummy rubs?! Do you like the bummy rubs?!" And just like before Nathan's little bum would press up against my belly. Just a fun cute little story, but it is even cuter because when Ethan and the nurses went over to clean him off, he was crying his little newborn cry until the nurse got to his behind, and as she was wiping him down he went completely silent until she finished and moved on to another part of his cute baby body. Turns out he really DOES love the bummy rubs! We love him, he is adorable.



The past three weeks have been amazing. I had forgotten what a special spirit newborns bring with them, and I love the way our home feels with our newest family member finally here. He is a great baby, loves to be held and talked to and loves when people sing to him. And I don't care what any body says, this baby boy smiles all the time, and it is definitely not gas! He is just happy to be alive. And I like to think happy to be here with our family. He still loves to hold hands, and if he is fussy and you give him a finger he will grab it and pull it right up to his neck and cuddle. He is the best cuddler. Nathan, we love you. We waited a long time for you to come to our family, and we will do our very best to be the family you need that will help you grow into everything your Father in Heaven knew you would be.


9 comments:

Tammy said...

Thanks so much for the posting the pictures of your adorable little baby!! I am so excited for your family...enjoy him!!

Jay and Sherrie said...

I love him and I want to meet him. Yesterday. I can't get over his cuteness. Or how amazing you look.

And LOVE the bummy rub. That is AWESOME.

Congratulations! He is beautiful.

Julie said...

Janice he is adorable! Your whole family is so cute! Your daughter looks just like you!!! Hard to imagine you with 3 of your own!!

Pedersen Posse said...

Congrats! I love his name. What a cute baby! I teared up at your delivery description. You have a beautiful way with words Janice.

Jana said...

Bummy rubs! Hahaha! So funny. I did the same thing with Siana's feet, but I didn't have a cute name for it. I guess you would call it a foot rub, huh? You both look great. I love his feet, so perfect! And his name has the same meaning as Siana's.

Micaela said...

He is precious, Janice! Your whole family is so cute. :) I am so happy for all of you.

Tyson and Angela said...

Oh Janice! He is so sweet...so he just fits right in to your family! Sounds like everything went perfectly! Your family is just beautiful!! Congratulations!

The Spanglers said...

Thank you for sharing! He is so precious and I am so happy for you. Give Nathan a hug and bummy rub from me. :)

chris said...

saludos saludos amigo espero me recuerdes bueno tal vez por chris no pero por elder ayala me imagino que si, eso espero . te envio un abrazo y un saludos y felicitacion por tu linda familia amigo .