Monday, August 30, 2010

Magic Tooth Fairy

We had a fun event happen in July but with all the chaos of being in the middle of our move we never got a chance to share it. Kendall had been working on a loose tooth for most of June and was just too nervous to pull it out. In July while we were driving from St. Louis to Kentucky to visit my sister she wiggled it enough to have it just barely hanging on but still wouldn't pull it out. By the time we made it to Liz and Jason's house that night the poor thing was just begging for someone to pull it. While we were all together getting ready to have family prayer she finally got brave enough and just yanked that little guy out! The look on her face was priceless. You couldn't tell if she was going to start laughing or crying, she was in complete shock just holding that tooth in her hand. It was an exciting moment for her. So she went to bed with her brother on the bottom bunk of her cousins bunk bed, tucked against the wall with blankets and pillows and stuffed animals all around her. All I can say is it is a good thing that the tooth fairy is an itty bitty flying fairy. If she was, say... a normal sized human that probably would have been REALLY difficult to climb in on the bottom bunk without waking anyone up and exchange a small tooth for a handful of quarters. Luckily the tooth fairy is small and doesn't have to worry about not squishing children or bumping her head or any of that, so that's good. I think she was happy that the small tooth next to it was already loose so she still had something to wiggle. Wednesday night after her first day of school she pulled that one out too. She can now fit her tongue right through the gap in front. Not that I know for sure, but it was probably a lot easier for the Tooth Fairy to make her exchange with Kendall in her own bed.

And now that I finally have the camera out again I thought it was time to put up some new pictures of the kids. They're cute. We like them lots.






3 comments:

Merrilyn said...

I am glad you are settled in your new home....we miss you here in Omaha however!(esp in primary!)
(I think your kids may already be looking bigger in those back to school pics too!)

The Spanglers said...

Such cute kids. We have been enjoying your sister and family but so sad to have you gone. Whenever I see their youngest boy (Matthew?) I see Bryan's face and it makes me miss you all more. Hope you are well. Glad you found your camera.

Tyson and Angela said...

Oh my Janice! I am so glad you know the tooth fairy and know what she can and can't do, because it would have been hard to tell Kendall how she should sleep so the fairy could come! The tooth fairy sounds like a darling gal who is VERY tricky in not spoiling anything! ;) You kids are adoable and your home looks darling!