First - Yes, I have been on down to the Piggly Wiggly. Not on a consistent basis, just the once. And mostly just because Larry the Cable Guy made it sound so glamorous, but I've been there.
Second - While out to eat I have ordered and eaten grits. They were interesting. I kept picturing that big guy from 'My Cousin Vinny' in the back cookin' them up for me, but with some apple butter mixed in I finished them off. They must somehow make me official.
Third (And most convincing) - The words "All Y'all" have escaped my mouth. What kind of brainwashing is going on out here? And when is my official swearing in?
On a more serious side, some of my favorite things about living here...
*We have a laundry room upstairs with the bedrooms. Genius. Positively Genius.
*We put a big awning/tent/gazebo thingy, whatever you want to call it, over the patio and we never have to worry about it blowing away. It would be long gone by now in NE.
*When I wave at people they wave back! In Nebraska Ethan had to ask me to stop being so friendly to the neighbors because it was kind of freaking them out. But here, everyone is friendly. Me Gusta.
*The Ocean/Beach. Enough Said. Pictures to come soon.
*The Smokey Mountains. Okay, we haven't actually been to them yet, but just knowing that we can in a few short hours is exhilarating.
*Finally, for today at least, is all of the trees. I have never seen so many trees jammed together in my life. They are everywhere. Yesterday Bryan and I went to a Bee Farm and to get there we drove on a country road through a canopy of trees. A few were just beginning to change colors and my body responded with goose bumps on my arms in anticipation of when they all change. It was beautiful. Of course we have a lot more ticks and spiders, but this is a list of good things, so we won't think about them right now.
And here is just a little appetizer for the pictures to come from Myrtle Beach. Aren't they cute? Me Gusta them too.
3 comments:
Yep, it's official. You are a southerner. Your list makes me want to join you. :) Especially Myrtle Beach. We miss that place. We'll have to come visit.
Our kids miss yours like crazy, as well. We all miss your cute faces off.
Glad you are starting to fit in. Sounds like a great place. Can't wait to see more pics...
We say Y'all, not All Y'all. We're Texans though. I'm glad you're finding things you love there. And tell Ethan that I always appreciated how friendly you were in NE!!!!
Heather
Post a Comment