Saturday, November 13, 2010

I thought my smelling was good...

I really should be putting up pictures from our trip to the beach, or Kendall's gymnastics competition, or Halloween. Or maybe just some random cute pictures since most everyone that actually reads my blog lives thousands of miles away and might forget about us if I don't remind you what we look like. But right now I want to share my hilarious new story. Pictures and actual important family events will have to wait for another day.

Last weekend Ethan and I brought the small ones to a friend's house to play so we could go to a movie. Our friends live about 40 minutes from our house (yeah, I know, we need to make some more friends, huh?!) so after driving down and dropping Kendall and Bryan off we didn't have much time before our movie started, and I was starving!! Generally speaking, I'm not too picky and could probably have survived off some stale popcorn for a couple hours until after the show, but being pregnant with a VERY sensitive gag reflex I didn't think I could stomach it (literally) and we made a quick trip at the Golden Arches. Yes, I realize this is not the ideal menu either, but considering the circumstances it sounded DELICIOUS! So we hit up Mc-E-Dees, but don't have enough time to eat it or we will miss our movie, so I haphazardly shove everything but the drinks into my purse. Don't judge me, you know you have smuggled contraband into a theater once or twice! We barely have time to make the showing, and Ethan wanted to make a quick stop at the rest room so he sent me in to grab some seat while the light was still on. I was relived we made it in time and slump down into a chair to wait for E. I was only sitting down for maybe 30 seconds before this woman on my right starts talking to her husband in a low voice only he and I could hear and says, "I smell french fries.....I smell french fries from McDonalds!" Then she starts looking all over the theater to see if someone was eating said french fries. I was amazed that she could smell anything besides popcorn and artificial butter - this woman is a french fry detective or something. And she is not giving up, she is looking in every direction to find the culprit. She just keeps whispering, "Can't you smell them! They have to be McDonald's fries..... they smell like that have been in some one's car for a week!" Haha, nope, just my massive purse for a few minutes my friend. I was tempted to offer her one, but I knew I would never eat a french fry out of a strangers purse, (heck, it is a little embarrassing that I was going to eat them out of my OWN purse...) so I just sat quietly and pretended I couldn't hear her - and rubbed the side of my huge belly like it was hurting so that when she did find out it was me she might not go bananas due to sympathy. Luckily once Ethan came in he asked if we could move to a different seat before I could say anything. I couldn't wait to tell him about the smelling super hero behind us, and told him to be extra careful not to get caught. Being the punk that he is, and knowing that I was already nervous about getting in trouble, he kept randomly shouting out things like "fries" or "McDonald's" "hand me your purse" just to make me laugh and scarred at the same time. Ahhh... good times. The food was yummy, way better than popcorn, and since we didn't get caught or kicked out or anything I was happy to have a tasty treat to snack on during the movie. When we got back to pick the kids up, my friend told me that she use to bring Ben & Jerry's in her purse - now that really sounds delicious. I just might have another purse smuggling adventure planned for the future.

6 comments:

Pedersen Posse said...

That's a great story. Ha, ha! Now I want some french fries too.

Congrats on the pregnancy. Hope it's going well.

The Spanglers said...

Umm um um I'm telling! You are too funny. Please meet someone closer to you so that you don't have to drive 80 minutes for a babysitter.

Tyson and Angela said...

Oh my goodness! I love your stories! I have to confess that I too have smuggled treats into the movie theater and am always scared that we will get kicked out too. It is the worst when Tyson brings a canned soda and cracks it open...can't be quiet about that!!

I hope you make more friends soon that live closer so you can have more alone time with you hubby! Hope everything with the pregnancy is going well and that you are feeling good! Are you?

crazy4boys said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! I hope all goes well.

I've smuggled in jelly beans or candy bars and such, but was never so adventurous as to try McDonald's. And yes, McDonald's does taste best when you're pregnant (or just had birth). Enjoy it while you can!!!

eunice parker said...

hahaha i just randomly thought i wonder how the swilor gang is? and stopped over here and im glad i did that was so funny!! i hope you guys are doing good! cant wait for baby news!

oh and while pregnant i took a sub into a movie theater and the people behind me complained about the onion smell...i was like yeah sorry its my sub...im a big ol hungry pregnant lady. and they just laughed and were like you seriously have a sub in your purse?

Rachael and Justin said...

BAHAHAHA!!! That's hilarious! It's like trying to keep crack from a police dog. I'm suprised she didn't start sniffing you out! *sniff*snif*......*sniffsniffsniff*.... LOL. (I totally smuggle food in. Their prices are rediculous! They would sell a whole lot more if they would price it reasonably! I think I packed bologne for the kids last time we took them because it was during lunch time. LOL Don't judge me!)