Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Wheels on the Bus

Hooray! After my demonstration of a crazy headless chicken running through the house I finally found the camera. I don't know why it was so hard, there are not a lot of hiding places in our house. I blame it on my nerves about having my baby girl take another step towards growing up. I keep telling her to stop growing - she continues not to listen.

After finding the camera I slept pretty well and we all got up in time to get Kendall to the bus stop. Even Ethan, and he didn't get home from work until after four a.m. that day. He had to deploy last year one day before Kendall started Kindergarten so he was determined not to miss her first day this year. He might have been exhausted, but he was there!


Walking with Kendall down to her bus stop was hysterical. I know the girl talks but I'm pretty sure she didn't stop to take a breath the entire time we were waiting for the bus. She was just too excited. Last year I drove her to school everyday and I was worried that she was going to be scared. She informed me that she rode a bus for field trips lots of times and couldn't wait to ride one everyday. I think it might be one of her favorite things about school. As soon as those doors opened she was there. I tried to get a picture of her in front of the bus but all I had time for was to catch her hopping up the steps. Silly Kendall.

She was so sweet waving to Ethan and me through the window. She had a great big smile on her face and I was so proud of her. As the bus drove away I asked Ethan when Kendall got to be the brave one and left us the ones fighting to keep the tears from spilling out of our eyes. We sure love this girl!

Bryan was just as excited for his first day of pre-school. He has one more year before he starts Kindergarten, and for now we are still doing pre-school at home. He did get a new lunchbox for school this year, and was really excited about it. This is him at breakfast asking if it is lunch time yet!

He got ready for school and I asked him if I could take his picture for the first day of pre-school. Doesn't he look really excited?! Funny Little Guy.

That picture really made me laugh, but I told him we had to try again because he was going to make his Grandmas and Grandpas think he didn't like to learn.

He actually loves school time and works really hard. I love how inquisitive he is. He asks great questions and loves to figure things out. Since it is just the two of us we get to spend a lot of time together, and he makes me feel good because he says my "teacher voice" is really nice. Hmmmm, maybe I should work on using my teacher voice all the time. At nine-thirty he was sure it was time for lunch. For him it actually might be, the boy eats all day long. But Bryan is a lot of fun and so helpful. I'm glad I get to have him home with me for one more year. He is awfully cute, isn't he?! Love him. Like, a lot.
It is hard to watch Kendall and Bryan grow from teeny helpless babies into such independent, great kids. But they just get to be more and more fun the older they get, so I guess it is not all bad. It is tough to think about them not being here for us to protect all the time. We just hope we are doing a good job teaching them the things that are important in our family with the time we have. This parenting gig is harder than I thought it would be, but it is way more fantastic than I could even have dreamed!

P.S. Still hate my camera, just in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

Pedersen Posse said...

Your kids have some of the best expressions. They look so grown up.