Saturday, October 10, 2009

First Snow of the Season

We woke up to snow today, and it was torture for Kendall and Bryan to get their chores done before they could go play in it. I did my best to try and make things exciting for them, but all they could do was complain about wanting to play in the snow. The only thing they were happy about doing today was changing the sheets to put on some warm flannel ones. Last winter we bought them both super soft and fuzzy blankets to go on their beds, and once I pulled those out I could pretty much get them to do whatever I asked so that we could get everything done before we made their beds!



Yes, I actually took pictures of my kids vacuuming. It is for a project I am working on, a little chore chart for them, but I thought I would add them so you can see just what the thrill of fuzzy blankets can get them to do!



Then they wanted to climb back in and enjoy their cozy beds! I'm pretty sure I probably wanted to climb back into my bed too, but all that snow started calling out to us. Why is it so hard to resist the first snow of the year? Pretty soon all the snow on the sides of the road will be grey and dirty, and our hair will have 'super static' from the hats, and our socks will get wet when they find a spot of melted snow on the carpet, and my love of the snow will gradually begin to fade. But not yet. Today it still makes me happy!

Looks like it makes him happy too.





This was right before they made snow angels. One of these days I think I might tell them that normal people make snow angels on their backs. Haha. Obviously today was not that day!


Mmmm. Delicious.

Even Moosey loved the snow. She was jumping through it like a little bunny and had us all laughing. It probably took us about twelve minutes to get snowsuits, boots and mittens on. They played in the backyard for roughly ten minutes, and then it took another three to peel all the wet clothes off of them again. After a quick hot chocolate break they were ready to go out again. Ummm.... no, I don't think so. Mom needs a little break from all the dressing and undressing. But I think we will have to head out again after lunch and make ourselves a snowman before this pretty snow melts away.


3 comments:

Jay and Sherrie said...

That is so great. Please don't tell them until we get there. We can't wait to see their face snow angels.

The Toronto Family said...

hey will you post your chore chart when you are done? I have been wanting to do a new one but have not figured out what I want to do, so if you have a great idea I would love to seal it! have a good day!

Tyson and Angela said...

So fun and so cute!!!