Saturday, February 27, 2010

Smiling Heart

This must be documented. Tonight me and the cuties are hanging out in the living room. I am tirelessly checking home decorating blogs which means I am letting my kids stay up past bedtime. For some reason they don't seem to mind. I am sort of listening to what they say but not really because, well, it's usually exhausting. But I did catch this and maybe teared up a little.


Kendall: Bryan, you are the bestest best brother I ever had in my whole entire life.

Bryan: (incredulously) Are you serious?!


This is a new favorite saying in our house. I'm really not sure where it came from, but they say it all the time. Occasionally it even makes sense.


Kendall: (matter of factly) Yep. I promise.


I love those kids. I am not sure exactly when it happened, but the two of them became best friends, thick as thieves, partners in crime. It is really fabulous to watch. Yeah, they still argue, and yeah, they complain about who gets to brush their teeth first and who left the light on, but somewhere along the way they became a team. And it makes my heart smile.



Now they have moved on from whatever they were doing to hurdling the ottoman while Moosey sits on the top. I think this might be a good time to stop their shenanigans and get them to bed. Sure, they might complain about whose bed the dog hops on, but they can't fool me: They love each other. And that is one of the best feelings in the world for a parent.

4 comments:

Jay and Sherrie said...

You have great kids. They are super cute. And love the new look to your blog.

Liz King Bradley said...

That's such an awesome story! My kids are definitely partners in crime too. Those loving moments are priceless!

Tammy said...

Makes all those hard days of parenting worth it, doesn't it?!

janabigelow said...

That is the sweetest thing I have read! You have some pretty awesome, cute kids!